By 2030, Apple will not meet the Net Zero Standard, which requires a 95% reduction in emissions with the remaining 5% mitigated through carbon removals. Instead, Apple targets a 62% reduction (vs a 2019 base year) in scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and to use 100% renewable energy. The remaining 38% of emissions are mitigated by carbon removals. Nevertheless, the 2030 targets are ambitious, but how does the company intend to meet these goals, and how can other companies follow suit to actualize their own Net-Zero targets? In this article, we explore Apple's climate change plans and their approach to Net-Zero.
SMEs can make substantial contributions to achieving net-zero. They can also act as a potent reminder that mitigating climate change is everyone's responsibility. Nevertheless, SMEs often struggle to translate their sustainability initiatives and net-zero intentions into concrete results. This piece clarifies what Net-Zero really is, why SMEs should adopt science-based targets, challenges and best practices for SMEs.
Is remote work good for the environment? Yes, undoubtedly so. Remembering a company's carbon footprint includes emissions from operating buildings and vehicles owned or controlled by a company and employees commuting to those locations. Work From Home policies will naturally reduce these emissions by eliminating employee commutes and reducing the energy load of buildings.But the blunt context is most global emissions associated with transportation are caused by industry, not individuals.
ESG is a set of criteria guiding a business's behaviour used by socially or environmentally conscious investors and companies to evaluate potential investments or purchases. However, with the introduction of new mandatory ESG laws in the UK, there's a lot that companies still need to know. Here's what UK companies need to learn about ESG in 2022.