We are looking for a Backend Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be working alongside our tech lead as part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Backend Developer, you should be comfortable around back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with the product and development teams to ideate software solutions
- Design server-side architecture
- Work closely with the frontend developer to implement features
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer or similar role
- Experience developing accessible and efficient web applications
- Familiarity with common stacks available in the Linux platform
- Knowledge of Python and JS languages, libraries, and frameworks for the backend (particularly Django and Nuxt.js)
- Familiarity with traditional relational databases
- Cognizant of the implications and tradeoffs involved with various of software design choices and strategies
- Background and formal training in computer science and software engineering
- Proactive and can function without supervision
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and analytical mind